- M.A. Antonellini and A. Aydin, 1995a, Effect of faulting on fluid
flow in porous sandstones: Geometry and spatial distribution: American
Association of Petroleum Geolgists Bulletin,, v. 79, p. 643-671.
- M.A. Antonellini, and A. Aydin, 1995b, Effect of faulting on fluid
flow in porous sandstones: Petrophysical properties: American
Association of Petroleum Geologists Bulletin, v. 78 , p. 355-377.
- T. Engelder, 1987, Joints and shear fractures in rock: in Atkinson,
B.K., editor, Fracture Mechanics of Rock, London, Academic Press, p. 27
- T. Engelder, 1992, Stress regimes in the lithosphere. Princeton
University Press, 457 p..
- T. Engelder and A. Lacazette, 1990, Natural hydraulic fracturing: in
Barton, N. and Stephansson, O., editors, Rock Joints: Brookfield, A.A.
Balkema, p. 35-43.
- R.C. Fletcher and D.D. Pollard, 1981, Anticrack model for pressure
solution surfaces: Geology, v. 9, p. 419-424.
- M.R. Gross, 1993, The origin and spacing of cross joints: examples
from the Monterey Formation, Santa Barbara coastline, California:
Journal of Structural Geology, v. 15, p. 737-751.
- M.R. Gross, M.P. Fischer, T. Engelder, R. Greenfield, 1995, Factors
controlling joint spacing in interbedded sedimentary rocks: integrating
numerical models with field observations from the Monterey Formation,
USA in Ameen, M.S. ed., Fractography: fracture topography as a tool in
fracture mechanics and stress analysis, Geological Society of London
Special Publication No. 92, p. 215-233.
- P. Hancock, 1985, Brittle microtectonics: Principles and practice:
Journal of Structural Geology, v. 7, no. 3/4, p. 437-458..
- H. Horii and S. Nemat-Nasser, 1985, Compression-induced microcrack
growth in brittle solids: axial splitting and shear failure: Journal of
Geophysical Research 90, p. 3105-3125.
- B.R. Kulander, C.C. Barton & S.L. Dean, 1979, The application of
fractography to core and outcrop fracture investigations. U.S.
Department of Energy Report METC/SP-79-3, 174 p.
- B.R. Kulander, S.L. Dean & B.J. Ward, 1990, Fractured core
analysis: Interpretation, logging and use of natural and induced
fractures in core. AAPG Methods in Exploration Series 8, American
Association of Petroleum Geologists, Tulsa, 88p..
- A. Lacazette and T. Engelder, 1992, Chapter 12: Fluid-driven cyclic
propagation of a joint in the Ithaca Siltstone, Appalachian Basin, New
York, in Fault Mechanics and Transport Properties of Rocks, Academic
Press, p. 297-323.
- P.N. Mollema and M.A. Antonellini, 1996, Compaction bands: a
structural analog for anti-mode I cracks in aeolian sandstone:
Tectonophysics, v. 267, p. 209-228.
- D.D. Pollard and A. Aydin, 1988, Progress in understanding jointing
over the past century: Geological Society of America Bulletin, v. 100,
- R.J. Twiss and E.M. Moores, 1992, Structural Geology, W.H. Freeman